About Local 1613
Local 1613 of the National Border Patrol Council is the exclusive representative of Border Patrol agents and support personnel assigned to Border Patrol stations throughout the San Diego Sector of the U.S. Border Patrol. Local 1613 aggressively and successfully engages in representation on behalf of all bargaining unit members to support our motto: “Protecting Those Who Protect Our Borders!”
The executive board is comprised of volunteers consisting of current or retired Border Patrol agents or support personnel who were elected by the membership in accordance with the local constitution and by-laws. All other representatives are also volunteers who are appointed by the executive board.
Although union membership is not mandatory, the NBPC maintains the highest members rate of any federal labor union, offering a testament to the level of service provided to members. Some of the services we provide for the membership:
- Access to the Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC) Legal Defense Fund (LDF);
- Legal Service Plan, separate from PORAC LDF, to cover major “within scope of employment” administrative actions;
- Representation for workplace issues;
- An extensive safety and health program;
- Assistance with federal employee compensation act (FECA) related claims;
- Local and national lobbying efforts;
- Access to defined group benefits at significant discounts;
NOTE: The NBPC and its Locals do not make political contributions to political parties or candidates.